Security Screws

I am so upset to read so many threads about the faulty security screws.

Went to take my 2 brand new video doorbells off the plate to change networks and 3 out of 4 screws just spin in place. The housing that the screws go into is whats spinning. Poor design!

I finally got them out and the housing came with them, making the security function useless. I have watched other footage from the community of thieves just coming up and trying to pull up on the unit just to see if the security screws are in place so they can steal the units.

The thieves may now about this manufacurer error.

Hey @Schicky67. Thank you for your feedback here on this concern. I will make sure that this information gets passed onto the appropriate teams for you so we can make improvements in the future. I recommend getting addition security screws by ordering any spare parts you may need to replace the security screws that you have that may not be stripped. You can order these from the Accessories page of our website, or giving our support team a call. For support, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Thank you for the reply Chelsea.

The housing that the screws go into came out with the screw. That is the design fault.

Do you offer those parts?

@Schicky67 Not a problem, happy to help here and want to let you know I’ve passed on that feedback to the appropriate people. As long as I’m thinking of the same parts you are, our support team should be able to get you those parts that you are needing! Let me know if they say any differently, but you can give them a call and request that. :slight_smile:

I have the same issue also. How do I get this fixed?