Security Cams Feature Request

I would love to see a feature where we could have 1 or more cameras on a constant display. I don’t necessarily want it to constantly record (only if there is motion). Don’t make it use data either. An app needs to access the camera directly over the local network.

Now that you guys offer business packages, you need to offer features that businesses require. Having a camera that shows a constant feed is important for either exterior doors or live video inside.

Of course, this would only be availble on cameras that had a constant power connection instead of battery power.

Apple Secure Video and Homekit support, please!

I think what would be awesome is to have an option where the light schedule turns lights on and off according to your zone as well as sunrise/sunset schedule like my lights do for the fron of the house. Unlike now where you have to setup a time for on and off and then change it for different seasons.
Thanks, Mark.

Make the privacy zones feature on the security cam transparent like the motion detection zones on the ring doorbell so one can record/see what is happening there, just not alarm on it. (Or give an option to select between the two features). I don’t want to alarm on every car that drives by, but if it stops and someone walks into and out of my monitored zone I would like to be able to identify the vehicle.

The new home/away feature is a nice step but you have to always change it manually.

The ability to have them set via geolocation would be great.

I know you can zoom in motion on event history but ability to zoom in motion events in the timeline view would be great.

Here’s a suggestion. Upon setting up my Ring doorbell, I found 3 zones for video detection that could be turned on and off as needed, as is the same with my newly installed security camera. HOWEVER, the doorbell goes a step further than the security camera by being able to adjust a slider in motion zones to avoid busy streets. Please update the security camera to do the same. I have a small condo patio on a busy street and the motion sensor is picking up traffic because I can’t adjust the perimeter like I can the doorbell. I’d like to see an improvement in your app to make it easier to adjust for folks like me with small areas.

1 Like

I would love to be able to control what times the motion-detecting lights turn on.

I currently have it set to receive motion alerts from 5PM to 6AM but I’d only want the motion-detecting lights to turn on between a certain time within that time frame.

I have older generation stuck up cams in black and want to take advantage of the new stick up cams. Is there a plan to provide these in black? Currently they are white only.

I often times face the problem of looking back at the video to determine what caused the camera to trigger the alerts/recordings. It would be nice to have a feature that shows the area in red bounding box like heads up displays in cars or even computer vision technologies identitifying things in real-time. That way I can then “train” the camera to better detect those objects in the future.

There should be a way to completely auto disable indoor (and outdoor) cams when the alarm is disabled. At the very least disable the notification when the alarm is off.

Just like a motion detector on every alarm in the world is disabled when the alarm is turned off. I know you can snooze it, I know you can schedule it, this is not what I am asking for.

On my last alarm system when I come in the door, disable the alarm, all notifications were also disabled. I could choose which ones I wanted disabled as well. This is the most convient way to manage the alarm system. This way myself, my family and my dogs arent constantly setting off the notifications. Because we have mulitple devices that manage the alarm system, without this feature people who are not at home have to snooze the alerts.

Adding a feature to automatically disable notifications when the alarm is disabled would make this one of the best systems out there.

Please change record length to equal actual motion sensing length. Have user settable to stop recording after x seconds of no motion detected.

eg. if it takes 2 min to come up driveway and person to get out of car walk up to door then record 2 min. If it takes 20 sec to drive up and person talks on phone for 30 sec and then gets out then record 20sec. Then new recording upon new motion for 30 sec.

3 Likes

I would like the ability to disable selected indoor cam when the alarm is on ‘Disarm’ mode. Right now these cameras pick up motion in all modes.

Hi,

I would like to be able to have the cam ignore items smaller than a cat/dog, so the alarm doesn’t go off all the time, and it would save a lot of battery as well.

1 Like

Had my 2 Ring Spotlight cameras for about 6 months now! Love them, but the one update everyone is waiting for " Longer Adjustable Recording" needs to happen! We wouldn’t be without some sort of CCTV now. That being said I’m considering changing my Ring Cams for something else, I need to ability to record for longer after motion events! Anyone else?

1 Like

Message to Ring Engineers

Recommended updates to Battery Powered Spotlight Camera

SW change

#1 – (toggle) continous video recording if triggered if battery is more than 60% (changable)

#2 – update options to match the indoor cam or Doorbell Pro

HW change

#1 – change mount on the “Battery” to match the one on the “mount”

I’m asking for these changes because I want a traditional on/off floodlight with a switch.

If motion is detected I want it recorded continously, but I don’t want have on/off lights all the time. I would use the AC power provided to the traditional floodlight to keep the batteries charged “DC converter”, but still have the abillity to use a “battery” cam most of the time.

Alternative – change the Floodlight Camera to accept battery packs and use “alt mode”

In Alt mode the switch will turn off/on the floodlight but no longer effect the camera on battery. The battery would charge whenever the floodlights are turned on.

Simple really. (BTW I don’t want my flood light coming on constantly and I’m not using my phone to turn on a light.)

Alternative – create a switch that provided “constant” power to the Floodlight cam but sends a constant signal over the AC power to be always on. The motion sensor could be dulled all the way down. When the signal stops the floodlight turns off … but the camera has constant power. Again shouldn’t be hard. --I’m looking at the GE switch, but it needs to work without wifi/internet-- Also there should be an option to set the floodlight brightness at three levels: motion detected quick/ motion detected still “15sec” or alarm triggered/general floodlight switch.

1 Like

I want to be able to snooze the indoor cameras for longer than 4 hours. In fact, I want to schedule when they are snoozed, or not, and have the opportunity to press a button to make them active. (Say, if I have to run to the store, or something, during the normally “snoozed” time.)

1 Like

Has Ring considered creating and selling a light anc camera to be installed atop a lamp post? I have a door bell camera which has some visual area blockage due to the foyer type nature of our front porch. I have a driveway floodlight camera as well. With both, I still have significant gaps of vision out front but I do have a lamp post that would be a great location for the entirety of my frontage.

1 Like

There should be an app provision to completely disable motion recording on Spotlight cams. I have read several other requests for this functionality but thus far do not find a resolution offered by RING. As one reply recommended, I deleted the app on my iPhone and reinstalled it but there is no toggle switch present above the motion alerts toggle switch to completely disable motion recording. This seems like a simple software update; not sure why there is reluctance to make it happen.

Is there an extension cord for the Indoor Cam? Unfortunately the cord length with the power supply is not long enough for where I would like to install the Indoor Cam.