I’ll be honest, I’m really not liking the camera system. First off, I have the security system but Ring doesn’t tie in. If my alarm goes off, or entry is detected, it should start recording.
The 30 second recording is a joke. It’ll record me for 30 seconds but suddenly stop. If I were a criminal, I would just have to set the camera off for 30 seconds and then I can commit crimes because it never records again for about two minutes. What a joke! Not that it matters since the sensitivity settings are an absolute joke. I have to visualize in my head where it’s trying to record, but it takes me weeks to get it set right. Even then, I get bombarded with false positives alerts. Most of the time it’s nothing. And that’s with the sensitivity set to light.
Even though I installed outside AP’s for the cameras and they all have really good signal, I still get the “black screen” when connecting (and it’s remarkably slow, even on local wifi with a 1gbps backend). I have a combination of Unifi APs and Synology router, so no, it’s not a local wifi issue.
I think my biggest issues are:
- 30 second recording
- Not recording for a few minutes after recording for 30 seconds, I can literally wave my hands in front of it
- Sensitivity settings are a complete joke/disaster
- No way to see where I’m actually setting the zones, since it’s just a poorly designed graphic
- Mic/Audio feedback is an absolute joke - I get mostly static and people can’t hear me at all on any of my 3 cameras
- 2 hour snooze? really? And i can’t snooze it two times to make it 4 hours? Really? What are we in 1950s?
- Slow, black screen, even with good signal (45, 42, 62 RSSI) Ironically, the device with the worst signal loads the fastest.
- I have to use the light motion sensors to trigger my cameras because of the junk sensitivity issues with the solar cameras.
I don’t care if my battery is low. I’d rather catch someone stealing things out of my yard. Allow us to increase the 30 second recording and give us better motion zones.
Ironically, to top things off, this st*pidforum software also breaks Chrome’s spell check to use it’s own bad third party spell check.
I regret buying the ring products completely.