Screeching audio when in live view

When someone rings my doorbell and i answer and try and speak to them all i get is screeching at which point the caller usually gives up and walks off clutching their ears.

It did not do this as far as i am aware when i first got now its just a useless device of annoyance attached to my door.

Have tried a hard reset and that did nothing.

Some advice would be great thanks.

Hey @delvi. Could you please share an example of what this screeching audio is that you’re experiencing?

I have since discovered after scouring the Internet that this is a specific issue regarding the Oneplus 7 Pro and the Ring Doorbell 2.
I don’t recall this issue when I first had the doorbell so presume It may have arisen after an update of the phones software.
My work phone a Samsung has no issue although I don’t always carry this around particularly at weekends, so it’s bit of a pain.

Thanks,
Derrick

1 Like

We’ve had our Ring doorbell for over a year and a half and never had an issue until a few months ago we don’t have a Oneplus 7 or a Ring Doorbell 2, so this is a more general issue.

We recently added an interior camera to the setup and noticed that the screeching happened when trying to access live view with that device. So, we unplugged it and haven’t used it since. Now, it’s happening with our doorbell. Same issue - screeches with live view and can’t use the speaker. Was working just fine up until a few months ago.

I am having the same issue. Installed the Ring 2 with chime. When I go to live view and click on the green phone icon and speak to the person at the door, it initiates a feedback loop that quickly escalates into loud screeching. The screeching noise is also fully audible from the doorbell speaker outside the home. I’m hoping there is a fix for this issue.

Hey neighbors! If you’re experiencing any unusual audio from your Ring Doorbell, I would suggest you perform a reset and a new setup to see if that corrects this concern. To reset your Doorbell, you’ll want to hold down the setup button for at least 20 seconds. After that’s complete, you can walk through a new setup in the Ring App by following the steps under Set Up a Device. Test out the Live View after the setup is complete to ensure the audio sounds correct.

If this concern persists after trying those steps, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. They’ll be able to take a closer look at this We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile: