Schlage BE469 Can’t Retrieve Status Critical Configuration Error

My 3 Schlage BE469 locks have been working without a problem with Ring alarm. However, 1 lock now reports Can’t Retrieve Status in the app and when you look further it says Critical Configuration Error.

I have removed and reinstalled the lock several times to the system but continue to have this problem.

Not sure what more I can do

Did a factory reset of the lock by holding Schlage button while connecting batteries as well as using new batteries. I got further and was able to configure the lock in Ring app. The app shows the new battery status but still says cannot retrieve status. Tried Retry Connection in app but getting something went wrong.

Hey @Bordenclan. Thank you for coming to the Community and detailing what you have done! Although it is to no avail for you, these are great steps for other neighbors to take to try to resolve a similar concern they may run into. Since you have exhausted the troubleshooting you can do on your end, could you please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here? We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Please let me know how this goes and how you’re able to get this fixed with them! :slight_smile:

Hi,

Did you get this resolved? I have the same problem.

Thanks

I just installed my BE469 by selecting the profile.for.916 when ring asks. It works, I can lock and unlock. However in the alarm menus it does report a critical configuration error. Despite that, it does work. Weird.

Since I got the similar error message despite a few condiitons being different (device is be469zp, and ring’s cloud system had never been successful in monitoring the status nor controlling the device prior to the incident), and looks like I got it resolved, I’m posting my symptom and what I did.

• Since the keylock device, Schlage be469zp, is certified with ring, ring’s website and app have an option to start adding a device (called “enrolling”). First attempt to enroll it got stuck.
    • On keylock side the light on z-wave module turned from red blink to green, which seems right.
    • On ring’s cloud system, device failed to complete enrollment (says something like “serious configuration error”).
    • From 2nd trial onward, z-wave module turned to solid red and beeped. Never green.
    • On ring’s cloud system, removal of the device also ends up with error, so the device was in limbo i.e. neither connected, nor removed.
  • Things I did that seem to work:
    1. properly remove the device’ corupted enrollment on ring’s cloud system. As in this video from SmartHome (youtube.com),
      1. Trigger removal from ring’s cloud system.
      2. On keylock’s keypad, press “Schlage” then type in 6 digits of “Programming Code”, then type 0 at the end.
    2. Re-do the enrollment. Not sure but this time it seems to have gone ok.
2 Likes