Rotate image for any/all Ring cams in app's device settings

I have a similar issue to those posted here. The door in the building I live has elements attached to the door below the peephole, but not above. I went ahead & installed the Ring Peephole Cam upside down thinking that certainly once I set up the device, I would simply be able to adjust the orientation of the camera. I’m so surprised that simple programming doesn’t exist within the app device settings.
But without that setting, this device is going to become frustrating rather than helpful.
Ring please address this in a software update!

2 Likes

Hi,
Any progress with the issue to make it possible to rotate the picture in the APP? Very frustrating. I support the proposal from Bigisland to add In the app, when the user toggles the “Rotate View” to “On”, have a popup that states something like, “By using this feature, the warranty will be VOID for this cam if water or dirt intrusion is found to be the cause of the issue.”.

If not I need to use the ladder again and remount the (4) cameras - last time it ended up with a
concussion and broken thumb and sickleave for a month :frowning:

Or shall I skip RING and by some more clever units?

Is there anyone from RING that could respond on this issue - first log in sept 2020?

An other cutomer friendly issue could be to offer the extra equipment you need for free…
Dream on Dream on!

2 Likes

Please add the rotate view for the app when my camera is mounted from the ceiling outdoors!

2 Likes

Contrary to the Ring Help article which still says the user can toggle the setting to rotate the view when the camera is mounted from the ceiling, this toggle does not appear for me in the current version of the Ring app, whether the camera is set for Indoor or Outdoor installation. If this is really because the camera loses weather resistance when not installed vertically, that is a bizarrely glaring flaw in the design of a security camera promoted as outdoor capable. After speaking with Ring customer service, I was told RIng is still working on this but in the meantime I should buy the older style mounting bracket ($20) which allows the camera to be fully rotated when mounted from the ceiling–the newer camera’s come with a mount that is more limited in rotation it allows. Annoying but at least there’s a solution.

2 Likes

Its absolutely ridiculous that this is not an option. The provided instructions show how to mount it upside down so therefore it should be possible otherwise it isn’t fit for purpose.
The optional mount should be provided as standard if the developers are too lazy to fix a simple problem!

2 Likes

I don’t get it. The instructions show how to mount it on the ceiling yet the Stickup Cam, mounted on the ceiling, shows the image upside down. I am told I need to buy a special mounting bracket- seems like a the bracket should be included although, I can’t imagine that a software fix wouldn’t be possible.

2 Likes

I have a Stickup Cam, need to mount from the top which is supported on the camera. It’s INSIDE, but the option to rotate is not shown. Please fix/upgrade ASAP!

2 Likes

Still waiting for a response from Ring!

Why do paying customers have to rely on a community rather than having a direct support email address.

Ring you should be ashamed

2 Likes

I can’t believe it’s been this long for this request, and it’s not being heard. I thought Ring was more responsive to the community, especially if this option is already a feature for the indoor cams only. I bought the stick-up cams for indoor use only, (well, they sold me as such), not knowing there will be a difference in the app features.

2 Likes

+1 This should be an easy software fix Ring!

2 Likes

I take it Ring has set up a Ring Community to allow us to make feature requests but must have forgotten about it. Someone need to remind them.
How about some feedback Ring? After a year of comments tell us you’ll look into it or tell us to go f*** off, you aren’t going to do anything, but don’t set up a community area and totally ignore valid customer requests.
My $30 Wyze camera supports rotating the video.

2 Likes

no-brainer, image orientation adjustment should be an automatic for these cameras … big fail by Ring

3 Likes

Is there any update on whether that feature is being developped?
It really needs to be!

1 Like

I use the ring device on mounted display android devices.

The video for all devices on the rapid view app is upside-down. This is fine on the main ring app.
The app video is not correctly using the device (multiple android devices) orientation view.

Neither of the devices has basic settings to rotate video (Stick up cam and doorbell) which are basic features expected from any video devices.

Once again, more reasons to not buy more ring devices going forward as you miss basic features available on competitor devices

1 Like

I have found this app (using auto setting) solves the issue. Hopefully it can help someone with same issue)

Wow… how.many votes Ring wants to priortize the feature. An Amazon company with no customer first approach.

2 Likes

This is a legal/ethical issue too. Many people find having themselves recorded while walking on the street offensive. In some places it’s illegal too. Because of Ring’s silly restriction of only two privacy zones per camera, unless you live in a place perfectly parallel to the street this just isn’t possible. Making the zones rotatable would be an easy fix.

1 Like

Having reviewed the above, am I correct in concluding that Ring has NEITHER added a capability that’s less a “feature” than it is a basic function (with technically comparable equipment from other manufacturers, typically available at appreciably lower price points) of most devices OR offered an explanation (a response of any kind, really) in a full calendar year? What purpose is a “Ring Community” to serve if its users cannot identify and share workarounds while the manufacturer also ignores (or disregards) the complaints of a captured clientele? Is all of this the waste of money and time that it seems? Are Ring experiences and products best understood as sunk costs?

2 Likes

Hear, hear! This would be a very helpful feature, and it is surprising that it does not exist already.

1 Like

Any idea on where Ring is at on this feature? @RingProductTeam, can you please prioritize this on your backlog. You’ve known about this for over a year. Make it happen and be a bit more agile. Thanks!

2 Likes