Robots on chat or real people? 3 versus 3+ help

Doorbells, Cams, and Chimes

RCS

Thanks!

Can we get your email address?

RCS

Great!

Please wait while we connect you with the next available representative.

hi i’m going to hardwire the doorbell. Is there a difference between 3 and 3+

RCS

Sorry, it looks like no one has become available in the time we expected. Please select an alternate contact method for us to follow up with you…

This is not very impressive. 1. when ordering, logged in to my account, via your store - the ring protect discount is still not credited to the total.

1. It seems that even with discount, I am better ordering from Costco.

3 When you ask me to select an alternate contact method - no choices appear in the chat.

Please could you email me to let me know if there is a difference between 3 and 3+ when hard wired.

A

Hello! Thank you for reaching out to Ring community support! My name is Ahmed. With whom do I have the pleasure of speaking with today?

mike

how are you Ahmed.

A

Hi Mike!
I’m doing great, thank you so much for asking.
Hope you are having a good day so far.
Is the above email the main one associated with your Ring Account/Order?

i think so

A

Great,
The main difference is Video Doorbell 3 Plus includes our Pre-Roll technology, which allows you to see an additional 4 seconds of video before the motion event was even triggered – a first-to-market feature for battery-powered doorbells and unique exclusively to Ring. Pre-Roll video is in black and white and in low resolution to conserve your battery life and only works during daylight hours.

i am hard wiring

so 3 also does that i think

A

Indeed, You see Mike,
All Ring battery doorbells, can be hardwired.

quite. So is there a difference between 3 and 3+ please?

A

Yes, The main difference is Video Doorbell 3 Plus includes our Pre-Roll technology, which allows you to see an additional 4 seconds of video before the motion event was even triggered – a first-to-market feature for battery-powered doorbells and unique exclusively to Ring. Pre-Roll video is in black and white and in low resolution to conserve your battery life and only works during daylight hours.

could i chat to an actual person please?

you are a robot and you are not answering my question

A

You actually are chatting with areal person,
The only difference I’ve just explained.

Is there any other assistance I can provide today?

yes

A

Is there any further assistance we can provide today? If not, I’ll be closing this Chat Window, but we’re still here for you if you want to chat again! Thank you for contacting Ring Community Support, and have a great day!

Just now

CHAT HAS ENDED

Hi there, @theuth! Depending on your region, there may be chat support available to you between certain hours of operation. This chat support is intended for billing, pre-purchase, or account related inquiries, but not for technical assistance. They are indeed live support team members responding, however, they may recommend calling into support for an in-depth technical questions. Of course, the Ring Community is a great place to ask your questions and have neighbors answer with their experiences. Feel free to give it a try.

If you are in need of further assistance by our support team, please give them a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.