Ringdoor bell missing recordings

Hey :slight_smile: weve recently had ring door bell and the ring security camera fitted at the back. The back camera is perfect. The door bell picks up motion etc. But why does it only record the person walking away from my door back up the drive? It doesnt pick up and record the person when their walking down the drive to the door? It records people walking past the top of the drive and cars going past but fails to record people on the drive until their already walking back off

Hi @Kirstycrowe1. Thanks for sharing the video and information! The doorbell can require some “trial and error” to get it to work as expected for your particular home. I would suggest reading this Community post here. It has great information on how to optimize your doorbells motion detection. I hope this helps!

Why is my camera only in 3 minute increments

Hi @Lala03121978. Can you clarify what you mean when you say that your Ring Camera is only recording in 3 minute increments? Which Ring Camera or Doorbell do you have? Feel free to share an example of what you’re seeing either with a screenshot or a video so we can get a better idea and provide helpful suggestions.

When attaching this video, you will need first gather the share link of the video. You can do this by going into the Event History in your Ring App and choosing to share it via email. From there, copy the link that is generated and paste the link in the body of your post. In addition, you can upload this video elsewhere, such as YouTube, and then share the link to the video in your reply. :slight_smile: