Ring Wireless Spotlight Can false alerts

I just setup 2 Ring Spotlight Wireless cams over the weekend and every few minutes I get false motion detection alerts for nothing, just the wind blowing the trees or a bird flying by. What can be done because it is out of control, I can’t check the system every few minutes for false alerts.

I have the morion detection frequency set to standard but even if I set it to light I have the same issue

Hey @Gail1202! Great job using your settings to optimize motion detection. Motion Frequency will certainly prevent too many notifications to your phone and preserve battery if motion is occurring too often.

To actually avoid the constant motion triggers, I recommend altering the sensitivity and zones. If this does not improve detection accuracy, try physically angling the Cam different to change the focal point of view and zones. This may help to avoid things like trees or vehicles. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Good reply. I have a related problem, inthat traffic noise on the street in front of my house triggers an alert when there is no motion within my video zone. I can disable audio recording, but cannot find a way to stop audio noise from triggering an alert. Any ideas?

Same problem here. My flood light is constantly on and my neighbors complain about the light. I’ve tried people only and lowest sensitivity and I’ve tried setting zones. I live in the mountains and animals and blowing leaves and blowing snow and spiderwebs set it off. It’s really irritating to us and to neighbors. What can be done?

Hi @renorock. Audio should not be causing your camera to start recording. Would you be able to share a video of this happening so I can present this to my team? When attaching this video, you will need first gather the share link of the video. You can do this by going into the Event History in your Ring App and choosing to share it via email. From there, copy the link that is generated and paste the link in the body of your post. In addition, you can upload this video elsewhere, such as YouTube, and then share the link to the video in your reply. This will help the Community be able to determine what is causing your recorded events.