Ring wired doorbell camera - just sensitivity function is bad?

Finally got my wired ring camera installed.

I run it at maximum sensitivity. It will randomly pickup random things during the day ( flag in my yard moves constantly and cars go down the road every couple minutes) and it wont pick this up - but randomly i will get a notification on my phone of activity but camera shows nothing abnormal.
I can also walk out down the drive get in my truck and leave and it wont trip the camera ( all easily visible for the camera… I have adjusted the zones to include both driveways.
Also i walked to the corner you see in bottom right corner of pic and it didnt notify me via phone or app, but this am i was 5ft towards the road and it notified me.

Notifications just seem very hit and miss. i dont ever have it on home mode where they are off. they always on etc.

Hi @Jcash414. How is your Motion Frequency setup? Motion Frequency is a setting that determines the amount of dwell-time that occurs between each recording. You can learn more about Motion Frequency here.

Additionally, are there any steps leading up to your Doorbell, or is it in a elevated position? Proper Positioning is crucial to proper motion detection. Let me know if this helps.

I have the same issue> >
Ring 2 Doorbell (battery). I have a straight 70ft walkway from my front porch to the curb of the street in front of my house. I get alerts all the time when a car or truck drives in front of my house. But when someone parks in front and walks up the walkway, the camera doesn’t start recording them until they are already on the porch right in front of the doorbell. I have adjusted the range pins to try and reduce the number of “truck passing by” alerts.