Ring widget for iOS

Why in the heck are we even having to tell you a widget would be game changing. Seriously, company fail. If this isn’t fixed in a few months I’m bailing for a different company. The App is too slow and takes too long to load on an iPhone 13 pro. Major failure.

Will a widget ever happen ? Or quick arm (hold the icon down for a few sec on iOS and arm it)

I would really like to have a arm/disarm widget on iOS. Thanks!

I just activated the Modes feature and love this concept. I’ve read other requests to be able to add more modes and I love that idea. (I think it would be awesome to be able to customize motion zones within modes as well, but that’s not what my main suggestion is).

I would LOVE for you guys to create an Android widget for Modes. This would be a great feature to add the widget to my phone’s home screen with the 3 mode buttons very easily accessible. If I’m going to be spending time outside and want to quickly disarm, I would love to not have to open the app to do that and be able to do that directly from the widget on my home screen.

Thanks for considering!

1 Like

I was just about to submit this same idea. Makes total sense. Cant believe it’s not available already.

5 Likes

Would love to have this feature added!! Had it with previous system and used it all the time.

I would also like to +1 this feature request!

Add me to the list of folks asking for a widget for Android phones. I just started using Ring and I’m amazed that one doesn’t exist.

+1 For this feature!

It’d be great to have this feature; I’ve really wanted it for a while. If Ring staff listened to their community we’d have this easily implemented feature by now.

Need this!

@abbym121 wrote:
I just activated the Modes feature and love this concept. I’ve read other requests to be able to add more modes and I love that idea. (I think it would be awesome to be able to customize motion zones within modes as well, but that’s not what my main suggestion is).

I would LOVE for you guys to create an Android widget for Modes. This would be a great feature to add the widget to my phone’s home screen with the 3 mode buttons very easily accessible. If I’m going to be spending time outside and want to quickly disarm, I would love to not have to open the app to do that and be able to do that directly from the widget on my home screen.

Thanks for considering!

@abbym121 wrote:

Thanks for considering!

1 Like

I also was very surprised when I tried to add a widget to my home screen and couldn’t find anything under Ring. Even a Beta trial of this feature would be very much appreciated!

1 Like

Yes, this needs to happen! I’d really like a quick, convenient way of switching modes without having to open the app.

Yes please!
I not a widget, a toggle like the WiFi/Bluetooth from the top bar would also be great!

1 Like

This is definitely needed for ease of use

1 Like

This needs to happen!

1 Like

I cant believe there is not a basic Ring widget for any basic feature. I just searched on my phone and there is nothing. This would really help me as a disabled person having just a one touch single tap feature.

1 Like

Count me in too for the Android widget

It takes too long to pen the app, and wait until the picture is loaded and the communication with the front door ready to reply to the postmen ringing the bell. He is usually gone by the time I am ready to reply. A widget would be so useful. Can’t believe it does not exist.

I love that I was coming on here to make my first post to request this feature and so many like-minded people have already strongly suggest it! I use NFC on my phone to unlock my front door, so being able to swipe and click a widget to disarm the alarm would be efficient.

1 Like