Ring Video Doorbell given to me but stuck in setup loop

Hi all,

A friend has recently given me a Ring Video Doorbell - it’s a Mk1 I believe. He set it up on his account then was advised it was too likely to corrode where he lives (near the ocean) so it was never fitted. It could have been 1-2 years ago now.

I have tried to set this doorbell up today at my home - it has been disassociated from his account (released). I have two stick up cams purchased in December so we thought this would be a good addition.

However, it seems to get stuck in the setup loop / firmware update loop. I have not got past the “press orange button, join ring network, join wifi, white spinning light phase’. The doorbell simply switches off (no white lights flashing) and the app tells me to try again.

I have reset it multiple times (the 20+ second reset).

I think it was purchased from the US originally.

Please can you advise if there’s anything I can do to get this device working.

Hi @BlackFooter5000. Have you fully charged the battery? I would recommend charging the battery for at least 8 hours before attempting the setup again. If that still doesn’t do the trick, you can reach out to our support team at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile: