Ring video doorbell 2020 won't reconnect to wifi

My wifi went out a few days ago and is now back online but my ring video doorbell (2020 release) will not reconnect to my wifi. All other electronics have reconnected just fine so the wifi is not the problem. I have tried multiple times to reconnect the doorbell through the app and everytime it says setup could not be completed and it suggests my password may be wrong but I’ve double checked and even set a new password for my router and the doorbell still will not connect.

Hi @atavarez3. In this case, you may want to try resetting the Doorbell before attempting to set it back up again. You can reset it by holding down the setup button for at least 20 seconds. After that’s complete, try to walk through the setup in the Ring App again under the Set Up a Device tab. If that doesn’t work, try using a different smartphone or tablet if you have one available. It may also help to change the wifi password to ensure that it doesn’t include any special characters and has only alphanumeric characters. I hope these suggestions help! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you @Caitlyn_Ring for your reply. I have a doorbell 2020 rel and it dropped off the WiFi and would not go back on. The error message kept telling me that my WiFi password had changed (which it didn’t).
I held down the orange button for twenty seconds and it easily reset and let me install with the previously input information. I’m going to try to forget yesterday’s frustration. Thanks again!

1 Like

Hi @SandyBeach. Glad to hear that this is working for you! :slightly_smiling_face:

Having same issue with Ring Pro, wifi went out for an hour. All devices in house reconnected automatically, cannot seem to get this to work again! Wifi has excellent strength and never had problems until today with doorbell.