Ring transformer flickers lights but won't stay on

Hi, I just bought and configured a smart lights transformer and bridge. When I turn lights on they only flicker on for a split second and then turn off. The app says they’re on but they aren’t actually on. Please help

Hi there, @user138! Does this happen during the night time hours as well? If not, it could just be the brightness during the day and your light sensor threshold. To change adjust your light settings open the Ring app, visit the Menu, select Devices, and choose your Smart Lighting group to adjust both the group settings and the individual smart light settings.

Try also creating a new group entirely to add these Smart Lighting devices to. Feel free to let us know how this goes! :slight_smile:

Hi Marley it does happen at night. I’ve already tried re-pairing both the transformer and the bridge and still having this issue. I’ve also created a new group and no dice. It’s on the latest firmware as well.

Thanks for trying those steps! The symptom of a transformer powering your lights for a small amount of time could be related to exceeding power requirements. Check out the technical specifications section of the Smart Lighting Transformer page on Ring.com for power and installation requirements.

If this concern persists and it is not power related, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.