Ring stick up cam Elite stuck in reboot cycle

I’ve recently moved location of one of my Ring stick up cams - part of this required connection to home wifi instead of the Chime Pro network, due to distance from the Chime. The process of moving to home wifi failed half-way through - now, the Elite cam is stuck in a reboot cycle, saying “Welcome to Ring” every 60 seconds or so. The reset button on the rear does nothing. Anyone have any ideas? Pressing and holding the reset button for 20 seconds also does nothing. Thanks!

Hi @cmi. Have you tried a power cycle on the Stick-Up Cam? Try disconnecting it for about 10 minutes, then reconnect it. Once it powers back up, attempt to reconnect it to wifi. Let me know if this was helpful.

Hi @Tom_Ring - power cycling makes no difference - the camera says “welcome to ring” then appears to reboot and after 1-2 minutes just says “welcome to ring” again, then reboots… this continues endlessly. I think the camera software has become corrupted - the camera is useless in this state.

Hi @cmi. If this is the case, you’ll need to contact our support team for the next best steps. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

Thanks @Tom_Ring - warranty replacement is being sent.

1 Like

Hi @cmi. Glad to hear that our support team took care of you!