Ring Stick Up Cam Battery Questions and Concerns

Recently, I purchased two Ring Stick Up Cam Battery units. I have some questions and concerns.

I understand the Ring Stick Up Cam Battery and Ring Stick Up Cam Plug-In are exactly the same except one comes with a battery and one comes with an AC Adapter. Is this true?

How do I tell which Generation of Ring Stick Up Cam Battery I have? I have seen references to 3rd Generation. What is meant by that if any?

I also understand the Ring Stick Up Cam Battery does not provide the same capabilities as the Ring Stick Up Cam Plug-In unless plugged into AC power. For example, limited motion detection window (vertical window is reduced by at least 1/3) and reduced video memory. So to get the full use of the camera it should be plugged into AC power.

Can you tell me the power requirements for the Ring Stick Up Cam Battery using an AC Adapter? Voltage and Amperage?

I also understand the Ring Stick Up Cam Battery and Ring Stick Up Cam Plug-In are priced exactly the same at $99.99. To purchase an Indoor/Outdoor Power Adapter for the Ring Stick Up Cam Battery is $39.99. To purchase a Quick Release Battery Pack for the Plug-In is $29.99. So the Ring Stick Up Cam Plug-In is actually the better buy!

Thank You,
David

Wow, no responses! Is this normal?

I understand the Ring Stick Up Cam Battery and Ring Stick Up Cam Plug-In are exactly the same except one comes with a battery and one comes with an AC Adapter. Is this true?
Yes

How do I tell which Generation of Ring Stick Up Cam Battery I have? I have seen references to 3rd Generation. What is meant by that if any?
Ring Stick up Cam Battery is only camera with that name. There isn’t another generation of Stick Up Cam. 3rd gen could mean it’s the 3rd camera type designed by Ring.

I also understand the Ring Stick Up Cam Battery does not provide the same capabilities as the Ring Stick Up Cam Plug-In unless plugged into AC power. For example, limited motion detection window (vertical window is reduced by at least 1/3) and reduced video memory. So to get the full use of the camera it should be plugged into AC power.
Both cameras have the same components. I wouldn’t say reduced video memory but recording time. Being one is battery powered it doesn’t use all features to fullest because of power limitations.

Can you tell me the power requirements for the Ring Stick Up Cam Battery using an AC Adapter? Voltage and Amperage?
5.0V 2.5A 12.5W

I also understand the Ring Stick Up Cam Battery and Ring Stick Up Cam Plug-In are priced exactly the same at $99.99. To purchase an Indoor/Outdoor Power Adapter for the Ring Stick Up Cam Battery is $39.99. To purchase a Quick Release Battery Pack for the Plug-In is $29.99. So the Ring Stick Up Cam Plug-In is actually the better buy!
Plug-in not better buy if you can’t power camera with AC or don’t want power cables showing on outside of house. All depends on your requirements.

Hope this helps, Cheers :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like