Ring stick up cam battery.cannot converse with anyone at the door.

There is a lot of noise when I want to see who is outside. If I speak, the person outside cannot understand me, nor can I understand them. I have an Echo Show. Both pieces of equipment are new. How can I correct this?

Fran1

Hey @Fran1! The first best step here would be to uninstall and reinstall the app to your phone to ensure it is optimally integrated and audio permissions are accepted. Audio concerns can often be related to network connection, so it is important to also check your wifi signal strength, speed, and your Ring device’s RSSI.

Check out our Community post about RSSI for tips on tricks on obtaining a great signal. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Thank you for replying .RSSI is -42. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app.but it does not seem to have made a difference .There is still a lot of loud interference. I also cannot get live view from home,but can get it when I am out and about.

Fran

Thanks for keeping us updated on this @Fran1! With live view working when away from home, this is commonly an indicator of the cellular network being the strongest or most efficient signal to use. Please also ensure other apps are closed and BlueTooth is disabled for optimal functionality.

As for the audio concern, if this persists, power cycling the Cam, by removing the battery for 10 seconds and reconnecting it, might help. If not, our support team would be the next best step towards a solution for you. :slight_smile: