Ring spotlight Camera brand new battery door will not close

I purchased two Ring spotlight cameras. The first battery charge and the battery door will not close on the bottom of the camera.

Sorry to hear about this, @197614! The battery slot hatch is intended to close easily. I recommend pulling out the batter and checking the slot for any debris. Next, insert the battery until seated firmly in the slot and attempt to close the hatch door. This should close and remain closed with little effort needed.

If the battery hatch is not closing as intended, or with ease, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

I have 6 of these cameras. Some of the doors close very easily but some take a bit more pressure and are harder to close securely than I expected. This can be a little difficult because two are in tough spots to balance on the ladder and get a good grip on the camera to apply enough pressure to close the door when changing batteries.

They do click closed and stay closed though. It just takes a little work.

1 Like