Ring Spotlight Cam Led Constantly on. Not on when suppose to be

My “Ring Spotlight Cam Wired” has malfunctioned several times recently. I’ve tried cold rebooting (recycle power) and it still seems to fail. At various times, it will light up one of its leds for no good reason. When it is suppose to light up, it does although it doesn’t light up the one that is shown lit. So it is as if one of the leds is out of synch.

Any suggestions please?

Not sure what is going on. It could be defective. Have you tried calling support. They have troubleshooting flowcharts they can go through. If under warranty, they can also offer to send a replacement but be aware it is likely to be refurbished so best to see if yours truly has a problem.

No. I’ve not called. I thought I’d try this first.

Thanks for the image example , @bitpusher1010! Your Spotlight Cam lights should always illuminate both LEDs. When this is not the case, the best step to take is to power cycle your Camera by unplugging it from power, then plugging back in.

If this does not result in both lights being equally bright and activating, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.