ring spot light cam battery door error

About a week ago my spot light cam started getting motion alerts like every 10 mins killed 2 full charged batterys in 12 hours or so. every time we would check the motion there was no reason for it have recorded. I started messing around with it and noticed it wouldn’t send alerts for me actually causeing motion infront of it. So I factory reset the cam and deleted from the app and reinstalled. I have done this 3 times now with same results. The cam does not detect motion at all and is constently giving an error that the battery door is open when its not. I cleaned around the battery compartment even though there wasn"t much dirt in there anwyay. I have all the defalut setting active and the only thing I can do check live veiw but it doesn’t sense motion at all. Any one know of a fix for this. The cam isn’t even 6 months old.

Hey @Ryan13. Thank you for coming to the Community to detail your experience and the troubleshooting you have done to try to resolve this! At this time, it would be best to follow up with our support team who can look more into this for you. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Feel free to come back and share how this goes, as I would love to hear the outcome of this! :slight_smile: