Ring Solar Flood Light Battery -- recharge stuck at 35%

My Solor Flood Light showed offline today which was odd as it had great signal to the bridge and and bridge to transformer. figured it was the battery which is even odder seeing I live in southern AZ where I get 10hrs of constant sun.

Started to recharge the battery via the micro USB and after 5hrs it showed 35% charged. After 10hrs it still shows 35% charged.

Anyone else have a charging issue where it gets ‘stuck’? Faulty battery? Bad firmware update?

Yes, I’ve deleted the device and re-added to my system with no change in battery level indication.

And this system is 6mos old.

UPDATE – after 24hrs of charging the batters light indicates 100% charged. Put the batter back into solar flood light, shows 35%. Delete device and add it again still shows 35%.

Hey Ring Development team – do you QA your code before you release an update?

Hi @bzerob. After putting the fully charged battery in, can you try triggering a test motion even on the Flood Light? After triggering the motion detection on it, close out of the Ring App and reopen it before checking the battery percentage. If it’s still displaying the incorrect battery percentage, can you please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. They can take a closer look at your device and account in order to get to the bottom of this. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

Tried the suggestion, but nothing changed. Still shows 35% charged even when the battery indicator light was single green.