Request for Ring devices and Ring Skill for Alexa in India

Enable Ring skill for Amazon.in accounts.

There are so many Ring users in India asking to enable Ring skills in Alexa. Just have to enable it and nothing to change. No one is asking for additional support in India.
Amazon.in is selling the Ring door bell so it is sold in India.

1 Like

When I say “many” I refer to:

Most of them do not know what is the feature request. They just came and replied to the post and believe that Ring support is looking at it.
And I do not see any harm in enabling the skill. None of them is asking to provide physical support in India.

1 Like

There are lot of amazon customers including me have bought Ring video doorbell from US to India. Even some vendors are selling it in Amazon India website. Ring is currently owned by Amazon. Nothing stops you to enable a skill to make our life easier. That is called “Customer obsession”.

1 Like

There are no other payment options other than credit card. In India, vendors have to comply with RBI (Indian Central Bank) guidelines that mandate 2FA for credit cards. Ring is not compliant to these guidelines. Netflix and Google are compliant. Apple has allowed other modes of payment for their subscription. Why Amazon/Ring.com does not have such facility? I have spoken to Ring.com customer service on this issue but to no avail. I get a standard answer that they are going to look into it and blame it on the bank. Currently my Ring Protect plan has been discontinued by Ring.com as they payment did not go through due to the above reasons. What is the way forward? This would impact all Indian customers. Please come up with other payment options other than credit cards, like in the care of Apple or be RBI guidelines compliant like Netflix and Google.

2 Likes

Hi @user17735. Ring devices are not currently sold or shipped to India. You will not be able to sign up for a Ring Protect plan either as Ring is not officially supported in India. Some third party sellers may sell Ring products on Amazon or other sites, but they are not sold by the official Ring store. I’ll be moving your post over to another feature request regarding the availability of Ring devices in India, that way we can accurately keep track of all the votes for this request. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Same issue. Was using it fine until I hit a bump and Havells DigiTap isn’t available in US region and Ring in India. Now it’s between choosing either of them :frowning:

While I don’t expect DigiTap to be available for US, at least Ring should be officially available in India. The market is also growing and demand too.

2 Likes

Many have requested for the skill but only 13 have voted for it on the top of this page.

Please vote for this feature request so that it gets noticed.

2 Likes

I don’t understand why you guys keep posting messages stating that ring devices are not for sale in India.

Ring doorbells are already available in India. I have bought one through Amazon.in and so have many others in this community topic.

Why is it so difficult to enable a skill in a geography which is already using the devices?

2 Likes

Enable Ring skills for Amazon India.

2 Likes

enable ring skills in india

2 Likes

installed ring system
skill not available in india

1 Like

Please bring the ring skill to India. I too have ring products but cannot use it. If i change country to USA, ring skill works but none of the Indian skills are available. Looks like we need to chose between Indian skills or Ring skill. Also payments are not going thru. Please fix it

1 Like

Fine. Even if Ring products are not officially sold in India, why don’t you come up with a mode of payment for india now? Like PayPal or some other way? There are so many other Internatinational products which are not officially sold in India but do have their services available for India. Biggest example is Apple products. Apple, all these years were selling it through their resellers until last month when they launched their first showroom. But all their services were available for India for so many years and so were the mode of payments.

There are so many users from India who are willing to pay for the service. Then what’s the problem?? We all have bought your products have been happily using it & assuming the product / services are versatile.

What’s the point of owning this product if we can’t use it?

An immediate response is expected with a positive note enabling all Indian users to resume their services at the earliest.

1 Like

Kindly enable Alexa skill for ring in india

1 Like

It’s a shame that after trusting a brand called Ring we bought so many products.

Now we are not able to use any of the products.

We want a refund if you don’t want to fix the payment (subscriptions) for Indian customers.

Still the skill is not up? What can we do for this?

Any update… i am anxiously waiting for the skill. Without skill ring device is useless

Do we have any update if this request is considered for realization?

Hi I bought Ring doorbell Pro from US can I use in India will I have any problem with power voltage
Can I use ring without pro power kit 2 because of some wiring kit got damaged