Ring Siren + Solar Panel

Did anyone ever get to the bottom of the solar panel not charging the Ring battery pack in an alarm siren issue. I have 2 Ring alarm sirens and installed the genuine Ring battery packs plus solar panels. Neither solar panel is charging the batteries and considering the batteries have depleted within 10 days I can only assume, without any charge or connection indication in the app, that the panels are not providing ANY charge to the batteries.

I have spoken with Ring CS who have asked the usual re panel positioning, asking about amount of sunlight etc and then wanting me to take pictures of the barrel connector plugged in isn the back of the siren. What a load of tosh. I have Eufy cameras with solar panels in less open areas that maintain full battery charge for the cameras without issue.

Keen to understand if anyone else ever found a fix. I have viewed the other thread which was closed in Oct 2021.

Thanks

1 Like

Ah OK, I will do that and check then. Thank you.

1 Like

Thanks @SolarEclipse . That was indeed the issue and now working perfectly.
Thank you so much.

1 Like

Hello
Sorry to bother you
I am having the same issue but cannot see any replies to your query from solar eclipse user
I wonder if my issue is the same?
Best wishes
Rachel

@NBW877 @solareclipse

Hi @user24114. The previous reply was deleted by the user. The suggestion given was to ensure that the barrel connector from the Solar Panel is fully plugged in, as it may not be firmly clicked into place. If that solution doesn’t work for you, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.