Ring Security

My alarm was triggered this morning. Ring did not contact me and Ring did not contact the police. The contractor texted me asking me to turn the alarm off. This was the first time that I’ve had an alarm to go off using your system. It seems as if Ring doesn’t have a central monitoring station. Also, it was very frustrating that I couldn’t get to a customer service representative via phone. Most alarm companies identify the person after they have made a connection. Furthermore, I may not have had my phone receive the authentication code. You all need a much better system. But as the saying goes “You get what you pay for”

Are you paying for the Ring Protect professional monitoring plan, or are you still in the trial period? Every time I triggered my alarm during my trial (and once now, since I’ve been “live”) I’ve received the call from the monitoring center. Make sure you’ve got the call center’s number in your contacts so your phone doesn’t block it as spam.

Hi @Onebadazzb. As @windracer mentioned, you’ll need to be signed up for the Professional Monitoring feature as part of the Ring Protect Plus plan. You can learn more about setting up Professional Monitoring here, and more about the Ring Protect Plus plan here. Without the Professional Monitoring set up, you’ll be on Self Monitoring and will need to contact the authorities on your own if the alarm is triggered. I hope that answers your questions and helps clear things up! :slight_smile: