Ring Protect trial

Hi everyone, I don’t know what happens with my video doorbell, but after finish the ring protect trial (30 days) the doorbell never get only (always say activating device).

Maybe I have to buy the ring protect to get my video doorbell working good?

Somebody can help me with my problem.

Cheers,

Ivan Gomez

Hi there, @hyban. A Protect Plan subscription is not required for the operation of your Video Doorbell. Even when not subscribed, live view and answering live notifications should operate as intended. Of course, recordings will not be saved if you are not subscribed to a Protect Plan.

Video connection concerns are often related to wifi, mobile device, or Ring app communication variables. The best first thing to check is your wifi signal strength, or RSSI, which can be found in the Device Health section of your Ring app. Check out our Community post about RSSI for tips on optimizing this signal strength.

Removing and reinstalling the Ring app is a quick way to ensure it is up to date and optimally integrated with your mobile device. On your mobile device, try testing video on wifi only, and then on data only, to see if either connection is more efficient. Please also ensure bluetooth and VPN is disabled. I hope this helps! :slight_smile: