Ring PRO Snapshot Frequency

My new Ring Pro has 3 settings for the snapshot frequency. 3 minutes, 1 minute or 30 seconds. Regardless of the setting I choose my Ring is taking snapshots every 10 seconds. So, what gives? I’m new to Ring, but thinking right out of the box problems already. If this is a bug it should have been fixed a long time ago.

Hey @GPE. Could you try resetting your Doorbell Pro by pressing and holding the setup button for 20 seconds? After this reset, go into the Ring app > Main Menu > Devices > Doorbell > Device Health > Change or Reconnect to Wifi. From here, this will take you through another setup of your device. Once setup, ensure you have the setting you desire for how often the Snapshots are being taken. If this is still every 10 seconds despite your settings, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Got worse now snapshort frequency is approx. every 7 seconds.

Some additional information. With the 3 minute setting snapshots are 10 seconds apart. With the 1 minute setting they are about 6-7 seconds apart and with the 30 seconds setting they are about 3-4 seconds apart.

On the 3 minute setting. Here’s 2 photos attached from my timeline where it clearly shows each photo taken are 10 seconds apart. If it were working correctly there should not be 2 snapshots that close in time… they should be 3 minutes apart.

@GPE Thank you for getting back to me and detailing that in more depth on what’s happening for the other frequencies. At this time, this would be best handled by our support team who can take a deeper look into this. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Let me know how this goes! :slight_smile: