Ring pro not powering on after overheating

My Pro stopped working today around midday after working flawlessly for months. When i investigated the Pro was very warm to the touch, i discconnected from the mains for several hours for it to cool. when i recconected it would not power up then again begins to warm up, any ideas?

Wiring is: mains - transformer - bypass box - doorbell.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us @nh83! At Ring we care about your security and your safety. While voltage and operation can cause the device to be warm, if you feel as though it exceeded the required operating temperature of -5°F to 120°F (-20.5°C to 48.5°C), I recommend letting our support team assist you in resolving this concern. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Feel free to let us know how this goes! :slight_smile:

Thanks for you reply, my concern isn’t the actual heat of the device it is the fact it will no longer work (power on). The temperature was an observation at the time of noticing the device was off.

I believe my device may be damaged internally and may require replacement/repair. It was purchased less than 12 months ago, how should I proceed to get this resolved?

1 Like

Thank you for clarifying, @nh83! This is understandable. As it sounds like you are within warranty, our support team can certainly assist you with that! Please check out our warranty page for more information on what is covered, and for how long. Our Protect Plus plan can also be used to extend our device warranties.

For the quickest and best results, inquire with our support team at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile: