Ring Pro - inconsistent alerts

Have been having trouble with the Ring app for a long time. Before I start, Ring apps are current. Ring on a Samsung S21, iPhone 12, W11 PC. Ring is connected to Smartthings and the S21 is connected to a Samsung watch3.

Started a while back when Ring Security cameras (7 of them) began alerting inconsistently. FWIW, Ring cameras ALWAYS detect and record motion, regardless of whether a specific camera gives an audible alert or not.

In the apps, Ring cameras have been set up to use Sonar as the alert tone. Maybe half the time (likely not) an alert uses the assigned Sonar tone. Sometimes it uses another tone - can’t find it as a choice in the Ring app. About 1/4 to 1/3 of the time I get no tone. With some frequency my watch will vibrate and display a text notification, but the phone apps give no tone. With frequency, I can walk under a camera, get the Sonar tone, wait 5 minutes, walk under the same camera and get the mystery tone on nothing. Rebooting my S21 restores the Sonar tone for 15 minutes to an hour.

I’ve found the Ring app shows my selected tone as “App Provided Sound” for every device and the ticked default tone is “dew Drop.” Yet, I never get “Dew Drop” as a notification sound. It’s Sonar or the mystery tone or nothing.

FWIW, infrequently, my watch will show a still view of the alerting camera. Usually just a text notification.
This summer I had a camera go bad - at night the camera light would blick every second all night. Changed it out. Now it sometimes shows ‘online’ sometimes ‘offline.’ In either case it detects motion - sometimes with an audible tone, sometimes not. In either case, my problem with inconsistent audible tones pre-dates the problem with the specific camera. I have uninstalled/reinstalled the app

Advice please.

Hi @requiredusername. If you are having inconsistent notifications from your Ring devices, try the following steps:

If you have tried these steps and are still having the same concerns, give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here so they can take a deeper look. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

It’s been a while, but I still have the same problem - ring alerts are inconsistent, mainly nonexistent. The reason for this post is I have found a (the?) factor in causing/resolving my problem. On those occasions when ring give no visual/audible notifications, I can log in to my Samsung S21, swipe down, clear notifications, and I again, get audible alerts. Woo-hoo!!
That works until I get a notification OTHER THAN Ring. Then audible notifications stop and I have to “Clear Notifications.”
What have I learned?
FWIW, my wife’s iphone 13 consistently gets audible/visual notifications and my phone is the primary account.