Ring Pro has to be put in setup if WiFi is reset

This started recently - if I reset my router, my Ring Pro does not reconnect. I have to go outside, take the faceplate off and push the button, wait a while until it will respond to pushing it again, and then put it all back together. Connects without a problem if I do this. But it’s a MAJOR PITA. Oddly, if there is a power failure, it comes right back up and connects (and yes: last time it failed to reconnect after resetting the router, I disconnected power, then reconnected it to the Ring Pro to see if it would reconnect to wifi on its own. It didn’t…).

This is a confidence crusher. If I’m away, and one of my family resets the wifi for some reason, I’m blind.

Sorry to hear about this, @BobcatALR! In most cases your Ring device should automatically reconnect once the network connection allows. As mentioned in our help center article, there may be times when action is needed in order to reconnect your Doorbell. If you are not already, I recommend using the 2.4 Ghz wifi network for your Doorbell Pro connection to see if this improves automatic reconnection. A network resolving and auto-reconnecting a device can also be determined by network equipment type or even number of devices needing to reconnect. Optimizing these factors and wifi signal strength (RSSI) should improve chances of automatic reconnection. I hope this helps! :slight_smile: