Ring Pro doorbell wont enter setup mode

Hello,

Last week, my ring pro video doorbell stopped working as intended. the doorbell rings when pressed, but its offline, and we cant connect to video.

The doorbell has a steady white light, sometimes i notice it pulsing.

When attempting to reconnect to Wifi, it asks me to remove the faceplate and press the side button to enter setup mode.

although the doorbell rings, and glows, the side button has no affect when i press it or press it twice.

It will, however, reboot if i hold it for 30, so the button is registering presses.

I’ve followed many online complaints about this issue, with no clear resolution. the power is fine, the wifi network is solid, I’ve rebooted all devices etc.

Today, i concluded based on a few posts, that its bricked and wont function as intended, and that my best course of action is to check the warranty and try to get it replaced.

problem is, when i go to support i just get chatbots that are quit ineffective at helping me connect with support to verify and/or/replace my unit.

someone please help with this, its very frustrating :frowning:

Hey @ccoleman88. Thank you for detailing your experience here in the Community, as well as what you have done to try to get this resolved. At this time, you have preformed the extent of the troubleshooting that you can do on your end, and you will need someone from our support team to take a deeper look into this. For support, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Let me know how this goes and how they’re able to resolve this concern for you, as your answer may help other neighbors! :slight_smile:

Try to get a refund.

I had the exact same issue, Ring sent me a replacement which installed fine but bricked itself 30 minutes later. A replacement is just kicking the can down the road, get another model.

Hi @nevetssf. I’ve answered this question in your individual post here.

Exactly same thing started happening with my Ring Video Doorbell Pro tonight. I have tried everything. The bell works fine but no WIFI. I wonder if it crashed during a firmware update? But a hard reset should sort that out. No idea really. But a real shame that a pattern (spin once, pulse for 14 flashes, then solid) is not documented publically