Ring PRO - Automatic doorbell feed on Echo devices stopped working

Hi.

A week ago my video feed on both Echo devices (Show, Spot) after doorbell stopped working.

Announcement is made on all devices, but no video at all. There’s not “RING.COM” display at all …

Some facts:

• i tried to disable/enable Ring skill many times

• I re-added Ring doorbell in Alexa many times

• I re-enabled “Dorbell press Announcements” on doorbell settings in Alexa app.

• I didn’t change any names of Alexa devices

• WiFi signal strenght of doorbell is excellent

EDIT: Today, in the morning video feed worked. Once. I tried again now and it’s not working …

3 Likes

Hi there, @akulp! During these times, does a live video connect through the Ring app? Please test this operation if you have not already. Video connection concerns are often related to wifi, mobile device, or Ring app communication variables. The best first thing to check is your wifi signal strength, or RSSI, which can be found in the Device Health section of your Ring app. Check out our Community post about RSSI for tips on optimizing this signal strength. Feel free to let us know how this goes! :slight_smile:

@Marley_Ring

first of all thanks for replay.

Of course I tried all what you wrote.

1. Signal strenght is, like I wrote “Excellent” (device Helath - RSSI around -50 or even better so always in “green” mode.

2. Live view working perfect on mobile signal or in my wifi.

3. Phone notifications when someone rings a bell come in a second, so perfect.

Problem is just live view, so I’m sure this has nothing to do with my WIFI or any other network thing.

As mentioned before. This was wroking about 10 days ago without any problems from beginning ot his functionality and in these 10 days I did not change any network or any configuration regarding Ring.

1 Like

Same problem. Used to work, works on phone and Echo makes doorbell announcement but it just decided to stop showing live video automatically with no change in settings. Confirmed all settings are correct in Alexa app.

@Marley_Ring any news?

And one more thing to add.

When I use “Alexa show <doorbel name>.” it works correct so skill is working as well.

1 Like

I have the same issue and been through the same process. I receive an announcement on my show 5 but no live view.

I have 2 doorbells. one i receive live view + announcement. The other only announcement.

WiFi on both is good.

same here

Same for me it worked fine for a few days and now, it only announces someone’s at the door… :frowning:

At least it could display a screenshot like it does on the smart notifications of the phone? that’s convenient and easy enough isnt it?

I too have this issue, i can view Live camera manually but it doesn’t work by itself.

1 Like

Mine is also broken.

Worked fine a few days ago.

This is a critical feature that should function as advertised…

please fix…

:frowning:

Hi neighbors. I would try to disable the Ring Skill in the Alexa app, reboot your phone, then enable the Ring skill in the Alexa app. Then, reintegrate your Doorbell and test it’s function with the Doorbell button push. You can also try to reboot your internet router to help with this concern. This should allow your automatic view to populate.

If for some reason this doesn’t work, try contacting our support team to try the next best steps. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. As always, feel free to come back to this thread and let us know how the suport team was able to assist you!

Disable free time fixes my issue with the announcement. Hope that helos

Same issue here, Ring support is still not aware of a fix as of today…

There is a similar post here: