Ring not working

I just installed the doorbell. In the tutorial where you set the distance to the road it is just a black screen with blue line. It won’t enter live video and doesn’t always give feedback To the app when you push the doorbell. Device health says good, battery says hardwired and charged.

Hey @Cwisinski81. Is the Doorbell recording motion events at all? If the Doorbell is not preforming a ding event, motion event, or even a Live View event, I recommend doing the following with the device:

• Press and hold the setup button on the device for 20 seconds. This should reset the device, and after a few minutes following this action, proceed to the next step.
  • Go into the Main Menu > Devices > Doorbell > Device Health > and tap on Reconnect or Change Wifi Network. This will take you through another setup, and once this is completed, allow the device a few minutes to update it’s firmware again and be set up successfully.
  • Once a few minutes have passed, then try to go into the Live View for the device, and if the Live View works, feel free to then adjust your Motion Settings as you would like them.

Let me know how this goes, neighbor! :slight_smile:

@Cwisinski81 Thanks for getting back to me and letting me know how this went! Are all videos in your event history showing as a black video? For black videos, I recommend following this Help Center Article here. Please note too that the notification may not come to your phone if your app is already open into the Ring app, or if these dings were triggered back-to-back. The internal chime kit should still ring with the Doorbell, but there may be too much of an “overlap” on notifications if done back-to-back.

In the event you may be unable to adjust your router to eliminate the black video concern, or you weren’t getting the notification on your phone and you didn’t have this events back-to-back, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Let me know how this goes for you, neighbor! :slight_smile:

@Cwisinski81 Thank you for getting back to me and letting me know how that went! My apologizes that it is still to no success. Could you please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here? We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. I recommend calling them as the last chance possible to get this addressed, and let me know how it goes if you do! :slight_smile: