Ring murdering Windows PC App in September

As the owner of 13 Ring cameras, an extensive Ring Security System, and some Ring Lighting devices, I wish to voice my disappointment at Ring’s plan to disable the Windows 10 App that I use everyday for viewing my cameras while I am working. Logging in to the online web app is a VERY poor substitute. The App gives me better full screen high resolution video without all the clutter of the browser.

What irks me the most, is that the PC app is already developed and working! Why deliberately take away functionality that I have, offering nothing better?

4 Likes

I agree 100% It took some doing but I have the APP running perfectly on Windows.

So far it s*cks on the Web APP. I get the cameras to show live view about 30% of the time on a naked (no extensions) install of Chrome.

Not the least of which my default and well secured browser is Firefox which isn’t even supported.

Hi neighbors, we understand your frustration and appreciate your feedback. You can now access Live View from your Ring.com account through your supported web browser. Depending on what device you have, this feature update allows you to use two-way talk, enable sound, activate your siren, or turn on the lights.

Once again, we do appreciate your feedback on the discontinuation of the Ring Desktop app and we will be sharing it with our team. Please see our Help Center article here for more info on this. Thank you for your understanding!

Your sucky web app does not support Firefox, my browser of choice. Perhaps you should provide a PC solution that actually works for everyone, which the app does. Also, how are you supposed to log on to the web app while using your phone to talk to people. It’s kind of difficult to get the two factor login code during a conversation. Instead of murdering the app you should enhance it. You just might find it helps sell systems.

1 Like