Ring motion sensors not triggering routines

Same here, none of my routine related to ring sensors doesn’t work anymore. Hope it can be fixed soon!!

Would be good if RING would have a dashboard and/or messaging service to inform their customers. It cost a lot of time to find out that nothing could be done, after trying to fix routines, rename sensors etc.

2 Likes

Same here in SoCal. Hope this gets fixed soon

I’m having the same issue in Kent UK. I’ve spent ages thinking there was something wrong with my set up.

No contact or motion sensor routines are triggering, so entire house’s light and security automations are broken now.

Same here. Just bought the new ring alarm and sensors and was hoping to setup routines to alert me on door opening on all my echo devices, but they’re not working. Does anyone have positive confirmation that Ring are working on it?

Same
All my ring sensors not trigger any Alexa routine

Same issue here in Maryland. Motion triggered routines all stopped working yesterday.

Same issue thanks for highlighting it to Ring too, it’s very frustrating, sounds like we’ve all done similar diagnostics. Can see status in Alexa, disconnect and delink accounts, reset devices, checked firewalls and proxies. Something at ring is blocking the status change to Alexa. Nothing wrong locally at all.

Same here. I just set up alarm system, added routines and nothing. Was going crazy thinking I am doing something wrong. Glad I found this thread.

Having the same issue with a routine that uses a ring motion sensor to trigger a Kasa plug for lights and spent the last couple of days trying to investigate it. Glad to see it’s not an isolated issue. How do we know when it’s resolved.

Thank you for the post. Just wasted almost two hours re-installing both apps, editing routines and troubleshooting the same issue. My ring doorbell triggered my routine just fine, but it seems nothing connected to the alarm (motion or contact sensors) will trigger anything.

Ring got hacked or something two days ago. But reported up and running tonight. I have gone ahead and disabled the skill in Alexa, re enabled, readers the ring sensors and created new routines to test and still mot working. I do not know if they are aware this issue is also present.

I’m having the same issue. Arming/disarming ring was triggering a routine to change the led color on my Inovelli smart switches located at my exterior doors, but it stopped working a couple days ago. Manually triggering routine works.

4 pages worth of others having the same problem tells me it’s nice to know others are also so reliant on this working. Like others, manually triggering these routines work. Disabling/relinking the Ring skill and uninstall/reinstalls do not resolve this.

I have several routines setup using my Ring contact and motion sensors as triggers. These routines have been in place now for almost a year and worked fine up until the 25th. The recent app update to 3.33.0 (Android) on the 25th, then Amazon Web Services crashed. While likely unrelated, I’m very hopeful this is all related to AWS and will be fixed in the next few days.

Ring won’t trigger Ring either: I have a routine setup so when my front door opens (Ring contact sensor) it turns on my porch light (Ring smart bulb) and that no longer works either. In other cases, I have a Bond Home Bridge ceiling fan controller. I have routines setup so when certain motion sensors detect motion it turns on the fan in that room and/or turns on/of the ceiling fan lights. Again, this all worked great for almost the past year. Also have a routine that locks my Yale smart lock when Ring is armed.

For what it’s worth, Down Detector is still reporting problems with AWS, so I’m hoping this self-resolves once everything is back up.

Many of us are obviously heavy users of Alexa integration that has largely worked flawlessly up until the 25th. This is a huge step backwards if not resolved.

1 Like

I’m having the same issue. No ring routine works at all. Glad to know it’s Ring’s problem but not mine. Also very disappointed to know the issue lasts for days not getting fixed.

Same issue here. Hoping that the AWS issues get resolved soon.

Same here. Generation 1 contact sensor. My parents have the second generation. Routines to announce when a door has been opened stopped working on the 25th. I took all the troubleshooting steps before calling both Ring and Amazon. Ultimately, Amazon took the blame and claim to be working on a fix.

I’d be stunned if they didn’t fix it. Amazon own Ring so it would be odd to destroy a massive feature set

Same here. It’s been 2 days since it started acting up for me. Thought I messed something up when I added a new device.