Ring Mac app does not display Floodlight Cam Wired Pro

Hi,

I set up a Floodlight Cam Wired Pro via my Ring iPhone app and everything works perfectly. But when I log into the Mac version of the app, I only see my Doorbell displayed. I see both just fine in the iOS app.

Both devices are at the same location. Is there a bug with the Mac app, or maybe something else I missed? I tried logging off and then on, and also deleting and reinstalling the app, still nothing. Pretty sure it’s the latest version.

Any help appreciated.

Hi @amowad. A similar question was answered in this Community post here. In short, the Floodlight Cam Wired Pro is not available on the Mac version of the Ring app because it is no longer receiving updates for devices.

If I’m understanding correctly, you’re saying that Floodlight Cam is no longer compatible with the Mac, Ring App. If so, this is appalling!

Hi @waitetom, happy to chime in for Tom here. If you take a look at the other Community post he linked here, you can see my answer there which is marked as the solution. I’ll go ahead and share that same answer here as well just in case, since it answers your question regarding the Floodlight Cam Wired Pro not showing up in the Windows App.

The reason you are not seeing your new Floodlight Cam Wired Pro in the Windows app is because it no longer receives device or feature updates, though they will continue to receive critical security and bug updates. We suggest using Ring.com to view your devices on a desktop computer. The team here is continuously working to add features to improve your Ring.com experience. Thanks for sharing your feedback on this matter. :slight_smile:

But your answer isn’t a solution. It’s just an admission of a problem.

In a nutshell: Ring is no longer providing compatibility between its latest Flood Light product and the Mac app (and Windows, as your answer suggests). This means no live view on the Mac, with no workaround.

It’s unbelievable.

1 Like

Yes definitely not a solution and the link is to a post about Ring Doorbells so you might not initially put the two together. Almost a year later and Ring’s “most advanced outdoor security camera” still is being sold as their flagship floodlight but no device or feature updates outside of security which they have to provide for 4 years after its last available for purchase. It’s an appallingly huge disappointment that this isn’t made clear in the product description since in all respects it’s an obsolete product. If we hadn’t accidentally thrown out one of the boxes all 6 of these would be going back.