Ring Lights and Customer Service

Originally ordered wrong product so my bad. I ordered the correct product and then called to send back the original. I thought things were worked out and then read the final return email to me that said I was being shipped a replacement (?). I asked about it but the support person sorta blew it off and I was too tired to fight it. I shipped my incorrect products back the next day and sure enough… in a couple days I received a single pathlight in the mail, exactly like the four I just shipped back. I haven’t called support about that back yet. I DID call support because the ‘Dusk and Dawn’ feature didn’t work. I was told that that feature doesn’t work on the Solar Pathlights. I said it is advertised as it does and asked to speak to a supervisor. 5 minutes later - supervisor is busy. 4 minutes later the supervisor will call me back in 20-30 minutes. It’s now 45 minutes later and I’m going to bed. RING is not ready for prime time when it comes to their lights. If somehow I could be repaid for my time on this I wouldn’t mind… for now… it’s just more money then what you pay for so be wary of Ring.

Hi @Batboy. I’m sorry to hear about the miscommunication with your return. Since the Ring Community is a neighbor-to-neighbor forum, we aren’t able to look into this further or help ensure your return gets taken care of as we can’t see your account information. I would recommend following up with our support team to provide this feedback and get more information on your return. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

An hour later or so last night I did get a call from the ‘supervisor’. I explained we were already in bed and he said he would call back tomorrow. Haven’t heard a thing today. On the the tech side - the lights will turn on if I put the offset for Pacific Standard Time in when considering the off/on time. (The app said my lights would be on during the day but they weren’t). Still sad I have to manualy update for dusk/dawn settings. Seems like fraud to advertise something and then telling you it doesn’t work. But… lights working now at least albeit manually.