Ring indoor cameras becoming bricked

Same issue once I turned it on it worked for 10 min then it told me it was updating then went dead called ring they told me since I just bought it to return it and get a new one so I did same exact thing happened to the new one. Before update it’s fine

Grrrr… this just happened to 1 of 2 that i purchased from lowes. I guess I’ll be making a stop at lowes on the way home form work tomorrow.

Update : Good news, after exchanging at lowes, set it up and it updated and did not brick.

Just bought 3 from HD. 1 just bricked after firmware update. These things aren’t cheap. Exchanging today. Let’s see

For anyone this helps, I’ve had this happen with 2 of the “indoor cam” units back to back from Amazon. After the basic troubleshooting steps (try a different outlet, hold down the button for 20 seconds) they’re out of solutions.

The canned response you’re seeing to contact support will only end with them offering to send you a replacement unit through Ring. Based on the wording, it sounded like the replacement being offered to me was a refurb as well as the rep advised it would be “plugged in and tested for days or weeks” to make sure it works.

If it bricks after update, return it to the original place of purchase and try again. No use in wasting time with Ring support.

Just happened to 4 that I purchased and Ring support is a joke. I don’t feel like messing with this “just keep trying” crap. Gonna switch companies. Bye Ring.