Ring FloodlightCam won't connect to the app

Hello, my family has a doorbell cam and it is working dine with no issues. Recently we purchased and installed a hardwired floodlight camera, it has power and the light is blinking indicating that it is in setup mode. When I try to set it up through the app, I get to the point that it says to connect to the ring setup wifi network, then the app says “connecting to floodlight cam…” and then it seems like the app gets stuck, no errors or anything it just keeps saying connecting to floodlight cam. So I’m wondering if its not connecting to my wifi, though my phone connects to my wifi from there no problem. Has anyone had this issue? Does anyone know a fix for it or if I am doing something wrong?

Hi @gabecastoe. There are a few things that you can check. First, make sure that on your phone, your smart network switch is turned off. Also, make sure that Location services is turned on and permissions are enabled. Lastly, turn off your bluetooth and any VPN during setup.

It’s also a good idea to power down the Floodlight for about 5 minutes, then turn it back on. Once this is done, perform a reset by pressing and holding the setup button for 20 seconds. This should allow you to complete the setup. I hope this helps.