Ring floodlight lights won’t turn on at all

Just bought my first Ring floodlight yesterday. Installed it in the old floodlight location that’s connected to a light switch. Turned on the camera and set it up with no issues. Camera works great but I can’t get the lights to turn on at all. Manually or by motion. Checked both during the day and night time. Checked all the motion settings and light settings. Everything looks fine… I don’t know what else to do…

Also, when I click the manual lights switch on the app I can hear the light attempting to turn on but nothing happens.

Hi there, @WRD123! It sounds like you are installing a Floodlight Camera, as opposed to a Smart Lighting Floodlight device, correct? If so, the lights should certainly come on both manually and automatically on the Floodlight Camera, especially if the Camera portion is working in the Ring app as intended. In most cases, merely applying power for the first time to a Floodlight Camera can trigger or turn on the lights. If you’ve seen no lights form this Camera, please try powering it off, via switch or breaker, and powering back on.

If the lights still do not work as intended, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Please note that we advise consulting with a licensed electrician if you believe power to be a factor. I hope this helps! :slight_smile: