Ring Floodlight Cam Wired Plus - Lights don't respond to motion

We have two Ring Floodlight Cam Wired Plus at our home and one works perfectly.

The issue with the other one is that the lights won’t turn on with motion - but they do work if I manually use the app to switch them on (or off). I’ve toggled the motion activated lights switch (many times), tried restarting the cam (a few times), cut the power to it for 1 minute, recreated a motion zone and on and on.

Any ideas are appreciated.

1 Like

Hi @drew1982. There are separate motion zones for the lights alongside the customizable motion zones for the camera itself. Under Device Settings > Light Settings, you will see a Motion Zones for Lights tab. Select this and make sure you do not have the motion zones toggled off for the lights, and that the sensitivity is to your liking.

Did you ever find a solution? I have the same problem.

Caitlyn

It’s got nothing to do with motion zones, both my floodlight cams which I’ve had set up with the same settings for years have suddenly started exhibiting this behaviour.

1. The lights come on during the day
  2. The lights come on at random at night with no motion
  3. The lights don’t come on at night when there is motion including waving your hands around like mad whilst stood directly under it
  4. You can’t turn the lights on manually
  5. If the lights are on, you can’t turn them off manually
  6. Light schedules are ignored and the above happens even if you delete the schedule entirely.

Again this started happening with both my units at exactly the same time. So clearly there has been some sort of update to them in the last 2-3 weeks that has broken the functionality of the lights and needs to be reverted. A security camera must be reliable, this is absolutely paramount, otherwise it’s of no use to anyone.

Hi neighbors. If you have tried the troubleshooting steps mentioned in this thread and your lights on your Floodlight Cam are still not working correctly, reach out to our support team to further investigate this with you. Give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here.