Ring Floodlight Cam: 'Live View' History/Irregularities (?)

Hi guys - have you known behaviour where when looking through your camera history - in this instance for the Ring Floodlight Cam that I have - and it’s showing events whereby the “Live View” appears to have been accessed when you know categorically that you (me being the only person who has access) haven’t triggered those events?

The screenshot is an example - those ones at 10:21PM to 12:01AM…

Thanks for you help.

Hi @EddRobinson7. If you answered any motion events via the motion notification, it would count as a Live View. If you have any other devices like an Echo Show or anything that you accessed the Live View on, it will count it on there as well. You can always contact our support team regarding any security concerns about your account by giving them a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Hi Caitlyn, thank you for your reply.
The main factor here is that I am the sole user of the app and the cameras only.
I have the additional two-factor authentication assigned on my Ring account as well, so am confident that had anyone else acquired access to my account and thus my cameras, I would be aware.
The other cameras that I have as per the screenshot are Ring Stick-up cams, which I have checked event history on etc and there are no ‘oddities’ in respect of live view events on those, it’s all centred around my new floodlight cam.

I do have devices such as the Echo Show however I do not use this in association with the camera echo-system so can discount that, but I of course appreciate you offering up possible suggestions such as this.

Are there any other things that you can think of that could factor in here for a live event record to show. I mean as per my screenshot there, the one at 12:01AM, I had been asleep for at least an hour at that point - so for it to have a stamped live event marking just makes no sense. I don’t have any camera linking setup with my Ring app/setup or anything like that so am just at a loss how this keeps happening as it repeated again yesterday with phantom live event stamps. I am not overly concerned by it, just more after knowing the logic of how it could have/continues to come about :slight_smile:

@EddRobinson7 Thanks for the additional information. As I’m not a member of support and can’t look into this further, I can’t really speculate on what each particular Live VIew instance might be. A member of our support team can actually pull up your account and review your devices and history in order to take a closer look, so I would recommend following up with them regarding this concern to get more information.