Ring Floodlight Bricked?

Around a week ago, my Ring Floodlight Cam started reporting that it was offline. The device is non-responsive and when I attempt to place the device into setup mode to recover, it makes a ‘click’ noise and the lights flash, but it never enters setup mode. I attempted to do a factory reset by holding the setup button longer (30 sec), but I get the same result. Since this started, the LEDs are now in an always on state.

I’m thinking my camera is bricked… has anyone been able to recover from this?

Hi @stem. Since you’ve already tried the basic troubleshooting steps and your Floodlight is still not working properly, please follow up with our support team directly so they can take a deeper look at this for you and offer more advanced troubleshooting. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

HI! Did your device get resolved? I’m having the same issue.