Ring elite chime relay

Hi, I have recently installed a new ring elite and I am trying to wire it into my existing buzzer system that runs on 220v. I am using a 24VAC transformer and a 24VAC relay. My problem is that the ring constantly outputs 24VAC and there is no change when the button is pressed. Does anybody have any ideas on where I am going wrong?

Hi @JosephCoupe. You’ll first want to make sure that you’ve properly installed the Ring Elite Power Kit. You can then safely install the Ring Elite. If you’ve done this correctly and you are still experiencing issues, it would be best to contact our support team.

Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Hi, the power kit is installed correctly. The doorbell works perfectly. I am having trouble with the chime side of the ring doorbell. It outputs 24VAC constantly, indifferently if the doorbell is pressed or not

1 Like