Ring Elite Button damage

I have a a Ring Elite that has been installed on a gooseneck at my gate for the last 10 months or so. The button used to activate the ‘doorbell’ function has developed a vertical tear from use (not a very busy house!) and possibly exposture to the morning sun despite its stainless steel shelter. How do I get this fixed / replaced ?

I have bough a new one in the mean time as this one stopped working.

Once disconnected I could get it to start up again once connected to POE cable, so hopefully no permanent damage to the Elite - but water damage risk is high as is.

Hey @djbuys. You can definitely get this addressed by our support team over the phone! They can see if you are within warranty to get the device replaced, as the physical button cannot be replaced. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Did you get your Ring Elite replaced?

I had the exact same problem with mine. And it stopped working, probably because water got inside the cracked button.

I contacted Ring about this but since my Ring Elite (that cost me 499€) is 2,5 years old, the only option I was given was to throw it in the garbage and buy a new one (to last another 2,5 years in the same place) with a discount of 30%.

Ring doesn’t take responsability of this product defect and doesn’t have no option to repair it.

This is not acceptable!!

Ring says that the Ring Elite (and the other models) is weather resistant, but it only lasted 2,5 years, and my doorbell has an average frequency of usage of once a week.

This is false advertisment to me.

If all the items that are attached to my house that say that are weather resistant, lasted 2,5 years, I would be in big trouble.

The video doorbell I had before Ring was installed in the same place as Ring for more than 15 years, and it was still in great shape. Only replaced it for the online features of the Ring.

I hope other possible buyers read this before making the decision to buy a Ring doorbell.

I’m already checking alternatives to replace my Ring Elite.

I can’t buy a doorbell that only lasts 2,5 years!!

It happened to mine too and it was days outside of warranty. They ended up sending another free of charge though, so they did make it right.

Seems like you could easily 3D print a button that would work.