Ring Edge Recordings

I have recently run into an issue with Ring Edge on my Alarm Pro. It started a couple weeks ago, I stopped receiving notifications from my Spotlight Cam and the live view would not work. It was strange as my thumbnails would update accordingly on the hour and I could control the light, but there was no recordings on the camera and the live view would just try and load.
I ended up calling technical support who determined that it was the Ring Edge that was causing this. Needless to say we completely reprogrammed the alarm and camera, which appeared to have solved the problem.
Today I realized that my Edge was not turned on for my camera, so I activated it. Which in turn stopped my live view from working and it stopped recording on my Spotlight Cam. If I disable Ring Edge the camera works as it should.

Is anyone else running into this issue?
Is Ring working on an update to fix this issue?

Hi @troycollins2905. Is your Spotlight Cam connected to the Ring Alarm Pro’s wifi network, or a different wifi network? I checked into this matter with my team, and it looks like you can try the following options if you’re using a different wifi network:

1. Disable Ring Edge on your Spotlight Cam.
  2. Complete a new setup on the Spotlight Cam to connect it to the Eero network from the Ring Alarm Pro Base Station.

Connecting the Spotlight Cam to the Base Station’s wifi network should resolve this, or you can choose not to use Ring Edge for this Camera specifically. If this concern still persists, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here so they can look into this further. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

Here is the actual correct answer.

If edge recording WAS WORKING, but after a network outage or power outage you find snapshots work but not live view or recordings…since these are sent to the ring pro eero device and it’s offline - there’s your problem.
You will also notice the ring security pro eero device to be on cellular with no local network connection… since edge recording sends footage to this device and its reporting offline… there’s the problem.
As it goes to battery it suspends other services. As the ring pro goes to cellular, it suspends other services… when power and network resume it does NOT RESUME these services.

1. Unplug the ring pro. (power usb c and ethernet)
  2. Remove the screw holding the battery backup. (I permanently left this screw removed as this process is necessary monthly almost.)
  3. Remove the battery - it lifts out.
  4. Ensure all lights are off. Wait 10 seconds.
  5. FIRST - reconnect cables and ensure its turning on… SECOND - REINSERT the backup battery and close the plastic door keeping it secure. Set the Ring Pro back where it was and wait for it to finish powering on.
  6. After 5 minutes everything should be working again. Reboot your other eero routers via eero app if the cams are not working yet. You can reboot the whole network at once in the eero app. Also another troubleshooting step is to go under ring app - devices - ring pro security eero system - edge recording… select all devices connected to the same local LAN as your eero routers are providing access to.

Hope this solves everyone elses issues. I have experienced this with EVERY ring pro sec system we have installed for clients.

1 Like