Ring Doorbell Wiring Screws

So living in Alaska it gets cold; here in Fairbanks it get -40º cold. During a -20ºF period of time our doorbell went dead due to low battery, even though it’s hardwired to the old doorbell. It was a lower voltage transformer (around 8V it appears), so I upgraded to a larger one. In this I took the doorbell off to check it and try manually changing it, and it being -20º, I didn’t want to do all this outside, so I removed it from the mount. No suprise those stupid tiny wiring screws were dropped and lost one completely. I cannot find a replace that works anywhere and Ring doesn’t seem to offer them as replacement (but I can find the security mounting screws everywhere online–it even came with an extra one of those). How is no one else losing these smallest screws and losing the ones that are three times larger?!?

Anyways, does anyone know where one can find those tiny wiring screws on the back of the Ring unit???

Hi @wakeele. You should be able to find a spare parts kit for your model of Doorbell on our website here. You can find the model of Doorbell you have on the original box and on the back of the Doorbell itself to ensure that you select the correct spare parts kit. I hope that helps! :slight_smile:

@Caitlyn_Ring wrote:

Hi @wakeele. You should be able to find a spare parts kit for your model of Doorbell on our website here. You can find the model of Doorbell you have on the original box and on the back of the Doorbell itself to ensure that you select the correct spare parts kit. I hope that helps! :slight_smile:

I did and it appears to only contain the security mounting screws, which I mentioned in my ranting question. I need the wiring screws found on the back of the unit itself. No of the kits for my Ring appear to have these screws.

Hey there, @wakeele! The screws you are referring to are called leads or terminal screws. I’ve included a few links to the different spare parts kits below. You’ll see in the spare parts product description that terminal screws will be included, even if not shown in the picture. :slight_smile:

https://ring.com/collections/accessories/products/spare-parts-for-video-doorbell-pro

https://ring.com/collections/accessories/products/spare-parts-for-video-doorbell-3

https://ring.com/collections/accessories/products/spare-parts-for-video-doorbell-2

Thanks-good to know. I went out on the limb and bought the pro doorbell parts kits since it gave me the most amount of confidence it might work, even though we have the 2020 release model.

1 Like

So the Pro doorbell spare parts kit I got has ZERO srews of any type in it. Looked again at the list in the discription, and as well as the photo, and it indicates I should have gotten a variety of screws. Wasted $6, time and no protection for my house. If you’ve changed the kit, you really need to update your store. If it’s a packing issue, you need to get your act together as a company (I’m also not thrilled with being censored on your neighrbor deal either–someone cutting open an Amazon package on my fenced in front porch is not “unepected activity”, it’s a federal and local crime!)! If it’s this big of a hassle to get a simple 10¢ screw, the two Ring security light cameras I had planned to get will be changed to another company and I will be finding a replacement security doorbell as well. Maybe I can unload this trash off on eBay to recoup some of the lost money and cancel my yearly subscription. I’m stick of this mickey mouse nonsense…

Sorry to hear about this, @wakeele. That is definitely not the experience we intend, and your observation is correct that this Spare Parts Kit should come with screws. The best and quickest solution for obtaining these parts will be to reach out to our support team. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. In the meantime, I will certainly be sharing this feedback and experience with the necessary teams here.