Ring doorbell (wired) disconnected and cant reconnect

My doorbell has disconnected itself and displays no light ring. Ive gone into the app to reconnect the device and after pressing the button under the “hood”, the ring lights up solid white. It isnt pulsing or spinning, just solid white. I have the ring pro service.

Any ideas? Do i need to replace the unit?

Hi @Zippa713. You can try fully resetting your Video Doorbell and then attempt to take it through a new setup in the Ring app. First, make sure to download any videos that you want to keep. To reset your Doorbell, hold down the setup button underneath the faceplate for at least 20 seconds. After this reset is done, follow the steps under Set Up a Device to attempt to reconnect your Doorbell to wifi and the Ring app.

If the new setup is unsuccessful, try the troubleshooting steps in this Help Center article. Should the Doorbell still not complete its setup or it is unresponsive, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

I did try holding the button for an extended time. I cant swear it was =<20 sec. But i ended up just buying the pro 2. The new one works perfectly. I kept the old one, but i suspect its just dead.