Ring Doorbell takes days to come back up after internet goes down

Hello, everyone,

I have a Ring Doorbell 2020 release. I’m not sure if I have a defective unit or what, but every time my internet goes down, even for a short period, my Ring doorbell will take days (sometimes a solid week) to come back up. Even if I remove the device to try and re-add it, I get the error that my doorbell can’t connect to the RING30 network. I’ve had this happen to me several times since I set up the device. Has anyone experienced this before? If not, does it sound like I have a defective unit? If I can’t get this to work consistently, I’ll probably change to a different company. It’s really frustrating.

Try moving your router or a wifi access point closer to the camera and see if it connects quicker next time the internet goes down.
Of course you could test that manually by unplugging your internet connection to your router for an hour or something and seeing if it reconnects easier.

1 Like

Hi @phernandezhou. If you are having a difficult time connecting to the RING30 network, you might have to adjust some settings on your phone. In you phones settings, look for somethings called WiFi Assist or Smart Network Switch and turn this off. This setting can cause your phone to use cellular data when trying to connect to the RING30 network. Once you get it connected, check the RSSI, which can be found in the Device Health menu. Let me know if this helps.

1 Like