Ring doorbell recording gap

Hi

Recently my Ring doorbell (V1) has had gaps in the recording, with black lines shown where a recording hasn’t happened.

See attached file. Why is this.

Thanks

Atif

Hi @AN2. Do you have Snapshot Capture enabled? Ring Doorbells are not designed to record continuously, so you will not have footage available between when motion is detected or when someone rings the Doorbell. If you do have Snapshot Capture enabled, you may be seeing this if the Doorbell is not receiving a stable connection when it attempts to take a snapshot. What is the RSSI on your Device Health page?

Hi

I do have snapshot capture enabled and have had it for a few months. This has started recently. I get a motion notification but it doesn’t appear in the history and in the timeline there is this.

It shows RSSI-33.

Thanks

Atif

1 Like

@AN2 Thanks for letting me know. I’d recommend resetting your Doorbell and taking it through a new setup. To reset the Doorbell, you’ll want to hold down the setup button for at least 20 seconds. Once that’s done, you can set it back up in the Ring App again by following the steps under Set Up a Device. If this concern persists after trying these steps, you’ll want to contact our support team directly so they can take a better look at your account and device to see why you’re receiving this message. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please go here to see how to contact support.