Solved: Ring doorbell pro - working but showing offline on app

Update. After 5 days “offline” today it has been back to normal. This is after Ring decided to send me a new unit (which has not yet arrived). So it definitely was not my network or WiFi or anything they suggested. Not sure why it stopped working or why it started again but it seems to be back up.

1 Like

Same. I am hopeful they fixed whatever issue it is…

My Ring Pro is the only of my 7 cameras that’s giving me this problem.

It’s on my network, I can ping it, working perfectly. Did a factory reset, it worked for awhile and then the problem returned.

How did you guys fix it? Is replacement the only option?

Same here started around 9/3. But the issue seem to be getting worst.

When the issue started my ring pro will still triggers motion recording just not live view as it states is offline. If doorbell is ring it will come back online again but will go offline again in 15 to 24hrs.

Now it doesn’t even record on motion, but still take 1 minute snapshot. Once doorbell is ring it will go back to online and can live view like before except as of today 9/11 it will go back to offline within 30s.

Ring tech please look into it. And please don’t give us the usual tech support line … reboot ring, check wifi signal…bs. I believe 99% user on here probably done so before even posting for help.

I had the same issue but it appears to be fixed as of a couple days ago for me. I had to go through the wifi reconnect suggested in this post, but it has been working with no issues since then. Hope this helps!

It seems like the issue is resolved now. See also: Multiple devices not connecting, no live view - #10 by HokieCam

If your Ring device is showing as offline, try initiating a live view in the Ring app. Please ensure there is not a VPN on your mobile device. You can also follow the steps in this Help Center article to reconnect your Ring devices.

If this concern persists, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

1 Like

I am having the same issue. 2 out of 4 ring cams showing offline but still recording video and triggering alerts. Before I start taking apart my RingPro’s to access the setup button, can someone verify that this actually fixes the issue?!

No it doesn’t work. After a few days it resorted back to the same problem. I’m ready to get rid of it, there’s always a problem with it and it’s only 6 feet away from my router. I can go 200 feet into my backyard and have a rock solid connection on my phone. Ring products appear to be low quality compared to other brands. Everyone seems to be having the same issue, this should be a class action lawsuit.

I am facing the similar issue with ring doorbell pro2. After working with Ring Tech support and spending couple of hours, I was given a 35% off coupon and was advised to get a new ring door bell. I am scared to go for new ring door bell, after reading this article, looks like ring doesn’t have a solution for this issue. Not sure how can ring ensure this issue doesn’t occur again on new device?

we have same issue with our cameras and after trying everything and calling them they suggest to buy new device. very disappointed. this is their plan to sell more products. they update the software and old devices dont work any more. probably they learned from apply how they slowed down old phones and made people to upgrade their phone.

Having these same problems. Tried everything recommended. Electricity seems fine. Doorbell rings. Motion sensor active. No video or microphone. Tried to reconnect numerous times. So - now what. Do I give up this product - replace it - does Ring replace it. Does this product just have a limited life span. I lived my Ring doorbell. I miss it very much. Nothing has worked and I’m throwing in the towel.

Having used nest so many years, because of BF deals, I got a ring floodlight camera (wired pro). First, floodlight stopped coming on with motion. Solution is to reset/set up camera. It works for a few days stops again. Now, from the app the camera is showing offline. From the router, it looks like it is connected. If I login through web and look at the dashboard snapshot it’s also current, so I think it’s still connected to the wifi, but reporting it incorrectly. Again I reset/set up camera again and it works for a few days. Unless someone responds to me here that will magically address these issues, floodlight doesn’t seem to be production ready in my opinion and very buggy. Any ideas before I send it back? Why is this marked solved if people are still complaining and the supposed fix is resetting.

My Ring Security camera and lights worked 2 days, then went offline. There was no power glitch, no router interruption, nothing that would cause this. My camera is mounted 30 feet off the ground. Pushing a reset button is hardly an option. How about fixing the real problem?

1 Like

Hi @rgstubbsjr. You can check the status of Ring on our status page here. On Dec 7, 15:56 UTC our teams identified an issue that caused failures throughout the app such as settings changes not saving and live videos (dings, motions, live views) failing to connect. This issue may have also caused login failures on all platforms including Ring.com. As of Dec 8, 02:44 UTC, our teams have resolved this incident and you should be able to access the Ring App and your devices normally.

I have the same issue, working but ring says wifi offline. Was there a solution?

I have the same issue going on. It started happening today on a Ring Spotlight Wired Outdoor Camera. I have 9 cameras in total and it is only occurring on this one. The iPhone and iPad apps show it completely offline, but it is not. It is connected to the WIFI network (verified using my router mesh software), and also when I log into Ring.com, it shows the current live view (with the offline icon on the picture). The iPhone and iPad apps show the timeline being recorded, but show device is offline. Appears to be a Ring issue.

1 Like

Same here, started this morning on doorbell Pro. It’s capturing motion alerts but showing offline at the same time.
It’s clearly NOT an internet issue.

I was able to get the issue to be resolved following the solution at [Ring doorbell shows offline but still records video and sends alerts - #4 by Marley_Ring Ring doorbell shows offline but still records video and sends alerts - #4 by Marley_Ring

But this required me to put up extension ladder to get up to the camera that is mounted high to press the button on and off. I suppose this cleared up the faulty state it was stuck on even though it was connected and recording. Certainly not very convenient.

Using a Ring Doorbell 2 for 2 years. Worked perfectly till March 21. Then no more live view. Called up multiple times since then. They get you to reconnect to WiFi. They believe issues resolved. But after 3 days the Ring device isn’t showing in the connected devices to home network. All Ring features still work. Just no live view. I’ve tested this the past few weeks and it’s the same 3 days pass then no more live view. RSSI - 46-49. Definitely software issues. Some comments above mentioned March 21 issues started. Never buying Ring devices again once it dies